Hi all! (Update, Ek9)

Wie ben je en wat voor een Honda rij je.
Benjdmin

Hi all! (Update, Ek9)

Post by Benjdmin »

I figured I would introduce myself really quickly.

My name is Benjamin I'm 24 years old and live and work in Den Haag. I've been a car nerd for as long as I can remember (I guess it runs in the family) I particularly like Japanese cars. :razz:

I don't own a Honda at the moment but I am always in the market for one, I've spent a lot of time browsing the market and also the auctions in Japan. I love all Hondas, I've been looking into various models ranging from EG6, EK9, DC2, DC5 to AP1. I cant really make up my mind since I like them all maybe Ill even import a FD2 R as soon as they start showing up on the auctions.

Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind me typing in English since my written Dutch is rather pathetic.

I already know two people here Niels (ee8) from the EM forum and Avinash (Avi) because I almost bought his old EG6. 8)

Greetings,

Benjamin
HONDA

Post by HONDA »

Welcome!
Honda History: AP1 S2000 2005, DC2 Integra Type-R 1998, EP3 Civic Type-R 2002, EE8 CRX VTEC 1990, CL9 Honda Accord Type-S 2003, EG3 Civic Hatchback 1994, EJ2 Civic Coupe 1994, PC40 CBR 600RR 2007, PC40 CBR 600RR 2008, PC35 CBR 600F 2007
Katana

Post by Katana »

Welcome to the forum, Benjamin :zwaaien:

Come and say hi at one of our meets, might help you to select the right Type-R for you.

The FD2 can be ordert from Japan 8)
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

Welcome Benjamin!

Another international member :D

Where are you from?

If i had to choose i'd pick an EK9, 185 HP out of 1.6 litres and i even like the colour :lol:

Have fun!

edit typo
Nana korobi ya oki
Benjdmin

Post by Benjdmin »

Thanks for the kind replies so far. :-)

RedSun wrote:If i had to choose i'd pick an EK9, 185 HP out of 1.6 litres and i even like the colour :lol:

Funny you say that, I just (15min) ago placed a bid on a EK9 thats going on auction in Osaka tomorrow.

Specs:

1999 Champ. White
grade 4.5 (very good)
interior grade A (excellent)
55.000 km

I'm really hoping for this one.

I cant really go over budget because all the taxes and especially BPM blow the whole importing business way out of proportion. :-?

Ill keep you guys updated.

Benjamin
Dimer

Post by Dimer »

welcome!

nice! EK9 is my dreamcar :D
IvoG

Post by IvoG »

Welcome! :zwaaien:
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

Benjdmin wrote:Thanks for the kind replies so far. :-)

RedSun wrote:If i had to choose i'd pick an EK9, 185 HP out of 1.6 litres and i even like the colour :lol:

Funny you say that, I just (15min) ago placed a bid on a EK9 thats going on auction in Osaka tomorrow.

Specs:

1999 Champ. White
grade 4.5 (very good)
interior grade A (excellent)
55.000 km

I'm really hoping for this one.

I cant really go over budget because all the taxes and especially BPM blow the whole importing business way out of proportion. :-?

Ill keep you guys updated.

Benjamin

i'm gonna glue myself to the passengers seat! :lol:

Yeah you're right, importing or buying a car at all for that matter is very expensive in Holland. Damn politicians.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and am definetly gonna drewl over it if and when you get it.

It's one of my dreamcars too.
Nana korobi ya oki
mr. X

Post by mr. X »

Hi there and welcome!

I'll also keep my fingers crossed, because I do adore the EK9.
Actually I think you would be the first one in the Netherlands. Image
Benjdmin

Post by Benjdmin »

I'm happy your all keeping your fingers crossed for me.

I'm going to need all the extra luck I can get since the EK9 is still really popular in :japan:.

Against common belief Honda is on the more expensive side of the car spectrum over there.

Therefore its likely that I'm going to be outbid (like so many times before) because I cant be live at the auction and because I have a budget to stick to. :(

P.S. - I've just spent some time browsing the forum and I must say there are some really really nice cars on here! :worshippy:
Benjdmin

Post by Benjdmin »

Katana wrote:Come and say hi at one of our meets, might help you to select the right Type-R for you.

Would love to!
slydawg

Post by slydawg »

Welcome !
Katana

Post by Katana »

Benjdmin wrote:I'm happy your all keeping your fingers crossed for me.

I'm going to need all the extra luck I can get since the EK9 is still really popular in :japan:.

Therefore its likely that I'm going to be outbid (like so many times before) because I cant be live at the auction and because I have a budget to stick to. :(

Have a look in England, m8 :wink:

http://forum.hondarevolutions.com/viewt ... highlight=

baRt

Post by baRt »

meh, that;s just a 96-98 model... 99-00 has the better looks!

besides, in the UK the EK9 is very expensive, compared to what the auctions prices normally end up at... the DC2 is actually cheaper in comparison!

anyway, welcome to this board... and like Katana said: come to a meet, it's always nice to meet up with the rest of the car freaks
HondArd

Post by HondArd »

Welcome :zwaaien: Bejamin. You also managed to follow the proper procedure by first introducing yourself, because the whole forum is in Dutch :thumbs: And I sure hope that you manage to get your hands on an real EK9. I'll keep my fingers crossed! As far as I know it will be the first EK9 in The Netherlands.
Benjdmin

Post by Benjdmin »

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

It is true that there are a bunch of JDM Hondas for sale in the UK.

However as mentioned before the prices are quite high, this has to do with UK importers or 'importers' in general charging way too much for these cars.

(It is always best to import yourself)

Also the cost of getting a car road legal in England is substantially higher then over here.

In general in Japan the 99spec EK9 has almost the same average auction value as a 98spec DC2 however 96 spec ITR's and pre facelift CTR's are a boatload cheaper over there.

It would indeed be cool to have the first EK9 in The Netherlands! 8)
Katana

Post by Katana »

Go for it, dude 8)

And keep an eye at the meeting topic's so you can come and say hello
baRt

Post by baRt »

also, getting the car road legal in the UK means getting an eSVA for cars younger then 10 years old... which means you need to get your hands (aka rent) the model report.

Older cars are always going to be cheaper in Japan, as they are
1. older
2. highly taxed in Japan

But still, go for the 99-00 :)

ow yeah: you're absolutely right about the high prices the UK importers ask for them...
JDMTEG

Post by JDMTEG »

Welcome Benjamin.
Benjdmin

Post by Benjdmin »

OK, I had the lady from the auctions on Skype this morning and she told me that unfortunately I was outbid on the EK9. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Im quite bummed out since this was probably the best EK9 that I have seen up for auction in the last year or so. :(

Anyway, there will be plenty more up every week and I'm sure one day Ill be lucky enough to get the car of my dreams.

Cheers,

Benjamin